Defining Creativity

| |

What is Creativity?

In my opinion, creativity is more than just coming out with an idea. The light bulb moment, the Eureka moment. Creativity to me is a process.

I believe anyone can be creative, I believe everybody has a creative mind in their body but some do not see the need to use it. That means, some use their creativity more often than other does at a certain time.


As I mentioned before, I believe all people are born with a creative mind, it is then up to them to exploit it for good.



I'm sure, when we were a child, we would draw a fish, a tree, an unknown figure with colorful crayons and regardless of what people say, we still think it was a masterpiece. Back then we were not afraid of being wrong, and this brought out the creativity, even if it just a distorted fish.


But as we grew up, the line has been drawn on whats right and whats wrong. This somehow affect our creative judgment. As shown in class, a video of Ken Robinson on "Schools Kill Creativity".


Yes, the fear of being wrong will only hold creativity back, but the desire to overcome this fear can motivate us to come up with even greater ideas.


I'm sure many have heard the saying, creativity is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. The 99% perspiration is a result of learning and mastering the skills of creativity for those who choose to actually use it.



References: Link Link

No comments: